Who Controls Your Personal Information
Collection of your Personal Information
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your affiliate experience at affspider.com. We use your information to assist our partner e-commerce stores to run an affiliate network, deliver services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as your earnings, successful referrals etc. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Such as your
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Affspider and its partner portals or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Affspider on other Websites. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive confirmation when you open email fromAffspider.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Communication Preferences. Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Affspider.com to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable law.
Tracking User Behavior Through Cookies
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as Site Stripe, One-Click Share etc. and storage of your preferences in the affiliate portal.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at shopify.com or sell offerings to you at shopify.com. In other cases, we provide services jointly with or on behalf of these businesses.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Affspider.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Affspider.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with applicable law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Affspider.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, government or regulatory authorities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of your Personal Information
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements".
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
If you have any concern or question about privacy at affspider.com, please contact us via [email protected] with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.